posted to rec.boats.building
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Remove or Not Remove Partially Cured Epoxy?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Glad to hear that there is some hope. OK, I will wait a week or two to
give it a chance. Meanwhile, I can always work on something else or go
fishing on a rental boat. If after two weeks my finger nail still can
make a dent on the epoxy, I will remove it.

Also thanks for the suggestion of using a surface grinder. I will look
for it in home center.

Jay Chan

If you get a 4" (or so) angle grinder that runs at about 10,000 rpm and a
wire wheel that is designed to go with it - it will make glass and epoxy
disappear real fast and doesn't clog like sand paper or grinding disks. You
can get a cup style brush or a wheel style brush - both work.
I have a 4" Makita that runs at 11,000 rpm - Works great.

Eye protection and all that... Make sure the wheel is rated for the grinder
speed. Even the "correct" brush will throw wires regularly - stay protected.
And, these things will remove flesh as fast as they remove glass...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com