Jim

Default Mecury InBoard/OutBoard Cranks But will not Start

Flooded with what? Gas? Water? How's your fuel quality? Plugs might still be
fouled or water in the distributor, etc.
Jim

Should be a wire(wires) hanging loose near the switch. Get the engine
running before you connect up the switch, since disconnecting it covered up
another problem that you will need to troubleshoot.
"SSG Benedict" wrote in message
ps.com...
RESPONCE TO JIM:

I pulled the carb off this morning and found that the intake was
flooded, i cleaned it all out and bone dry now. I tried to start but
same thing. could i need to change out my points, and wires and plugs?
even though i have white spark?? also , i dont think that it is fireing
on the cylndars,, i dont smell exaust out of the prop at all.

the shift interupter is there but it is not connected. how do i connect
it??