jiminfl

Default Mecury InBoard/OutBoard Cranks But will not Start

SSG Benedict wrote:
I got a 4 Cyl Merc. Inboard in a 79 Galaxy. I had it running just fine
about a month ago, i put in in the garage for a few months to do some
work on the hull and stuff, and changed out the batery. Now it will not
start, I have checked the plug and stuff, i have a white spark at the
plugs, and have good fuel flow. I am not sure about compression but
sure it is good since i blows my finger out when i turn it over.

I bought this boat a few months ago and am still working out all the
kinks in it. Like stll trying to figure out why i can not put in nutral
while engine is running, have to shut it down first. if anyone has any
sugestions, let me know on that one.

Other than that the boat run like a wild Banchie when i took it out the
first time.

Try a squirt of carb cleaner in the carb then try to start. Might need
to do this a few times. If nothing happens it's probably not a fuel
problem. Beware of the fire breathing dragon. Keep an extinguisher
handy.

The shift interrupter switch has most likely been tampered with. This
poor little guy has been blamed for countless shift problems.

Get a Mercruiser manuals specific for your engine and sterndrive.
Avoid the aftermarket manuals; they might be a little confusing.

Jim