JohnH

Default Environmentalists vs. boatyards, round three

On 18 Jun 2006 02:06:39 -0700, "
wrote:

Among storm water runoffs that have not been evaluated, we surely must
include condominium projects. Projects like the group of condo
buildings currently rising along Northlake Avenue in Seattle, on a
large site previously occupied by the PMC Marine boatyard. To minimally
meet a City of Seattle zoning requirement that lakeside development
must be restricted to "marine related uses", the condo developers
have included a couple of docks in their project, (almost certain to be
reserved for the exclusive use of the folks buying 7-figure lakeside
condos). Among the directors and major contributors to the Puget
Soundkeepers Alliance is at least one individual with extensive real
estate holdings along the shores of Lake Union and the Ship Canal.
Given that selling out to a condo developer would seem far more
profitable than leasing land to a boatyard, one has to exert a
deliberate effort to avoid suspecting that something other than
unbridled environmentalism and philanthropy could possibly be inspiring
certain supporters of the Puget Soundkeepers Alliance.

From this paragraph, it sounds like your 'environmentalists' are trying to
sneak into the eminent domain business. I wonder how much those folks on
the board are *really* making.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****