MMC

Default West Marine ,, is that the worst store or what

yeah, yeah, yeah

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
I will be going to the Hamilton store in Portland in one week... look for

tall, handsome, urbane, Captain type.

=========
"Roger Long" wrote in message
Why do you need to go into a marine supply store?

The West Marine Portland is quite good but there is a better and cheaper
store called Hamilton Marine down on the waterfront. Locally owned and
more oriented to commercial vessels but good selection of sailboat

stuff.
I only go to WM when I can't find what I need at Hamilton.

The store you were in does sound weird though. Which one is it so we

can
avoid it?

Oops, I forgot, revealing which city you are in might open you up to
identity theft and abduction by aliens

--

Roger Long

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
Yesterday afternoon I stopped at a West Marine Store .. have you been

one of these stores lately? The help ( wait,, I just typed "help" ,,
there want no "help" ) walk around with ear plugs, talking into a mike

as
if they were police at a crime scene. And what do they say to each
other?

"John, do we carry anchors"? ... "John, what is a GPS"? ..... "John,
there is a guy here looking for a piece of hardware, what is hardware"?

I kid you not. It is laugh a minute nuts.

But the best part is the check-out lady. She carries on a conversation
with herself as she tries to figure out how to ring up sales.

"Come on computer, I know this is right, it didn't do this yesterday,
what am I doing wrong ,,, please swipe your card again and again and
again ,, where did you find that thing ,,, I hope they turn off the

GPS
that is talking to me ,,, oh well, do you have cash".

I asked one clerk to show me a GPS handheld unit. He was busy talking
into the secret microphone. Then he looked up and said "I don't know
anything about these things, and John is busy trying to turn off the
security alarm so it might be awhile before you get any help".

HELP?

West Marine ,,, pass at your own risk