posted to rec.boats.building
T-Rav

Default 350 V8 penta engine full of water after winter (Won't move)

ee wrote:
"T-Rav" wrote in message
ups.com...

ee wrote:
"T-Rav" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. I have a
bayliner that I bought with a rebuilt motor, however, the old owner
left the distributor out of the engine and the cover off over the
winter and the motor filled with water. I was able to drain the water
and add oil, but I can not get the motor to move. I have taken it out
of the boat and now it is on a engine stand with the pan off soaking

in
Marvel Mystery oil. The engine was never started with water in it. Any
suggestions on inspecting for damage? Freeing up the motor? Thanks for
your help.

Pull the motor and send it to the machine shop for a rebuild.

Hey thanks for that answer. I am looking for suggestions on freeing the
motor and inspection. Not your stupid opinion asshole. Rebuilding it is
the very last option for me.

So you'd rather 'jury rig' it and subsequently jeopardize the lives of your
passengers by operating substandard equipment. These are your loved ones,
that trust you. Obviously you don't care about human life, but they may
disagree. Real smart.

I don't appreciate your attitude. You still need to pull the motor and send
it to the machine shop for a rebuild. Calling me names changes nothing
asshole. Next time expend a little effort to winterize your equipment.

If you would have read the rest of my post, you would see I bought the boat with the problem and that the motor was out. Please don't offer your worthless help to people.