posted to rec.boats.building
Drew Dalgleish

Default 'Fridge/Icebox Pink or Blue Insulation - WTB?

do they have home depot stores down there? It's sold for house
sheathing in cold places also available in 2'x8' shiplap size

Seems like extruded polystyrere is the preferred (afordable) insulating
material for marine icebox / 'fridge / freezer applications. [The above
conclusion was heavily influenced by Glacier Bay's insultation test,
viewable here]:

http://www.glacierbay.com/Instresult.asp

Commerically, this means either Dow 'blueboard' Square Edge, or Owens
Corning pink 'Foamular', both of which come in 1" - 3", 4 X 8 foot
sheets. Since I'm begining my 'fridge box construction, I've been
hunting for either of these products - in small quantities (like 4 - 5
sheets) with no luck. There do not appear to be any on-line retailers
of this stuff, and I've had equally poor luck finding a retailer in the
Los Angeles area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike Worrall