posted to rec.boats.electronics
Mick

Default Garmin GPSMap 238 wiring diagram

Thanks Peter, your advice was sound - I found everything I needed - except a
supplier of the plug that connects the transducer to the Garmin Sounder
(6F-Airmar) - any idea who distributes these plugs? Tried Bias Boating
(Australia) but they say no body supplies these plugs?

"Peter Bennett" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:54:16 GMT, "Mick"
wrote:

Looking for a wiring diagram to 1) try wiring up my existing in-hull
transducer to see if it will work instead of installing the transom

mounted
unit supplied and 2) wire into my autohelm auto pilot. Any suggestions

on
where I can source the diagrams?

Mick

Garmin's depth transducers are made by Airmar - I found transducer
wiring diagrams on the Airmar website.

The Garmin 238 manual should identify which wire is the NMEA-0183
output (probably blue, if it is like my 168). If your autopilot has
NMEA-0183 input, you connect the Garmin out to the pilot +in, and the
pilot -in to ground. If the pilot only has SeaTalk, you will need to
get an NMEA-SeaTalk interface from Raymarine.

See http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/seaspray_nmea.pdf for the
NMEA-0183 wiring on my boat.
--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI