Chubasco

Default Souther Trades Yacht Sales

It is actually Southern Trades Yacht Sales. I have been in their office
which is in downtown Road Town, Tortola, BVI close to the harbor. I dealt
with Bob Carson in their office; however at the time, he didn't have much
for us to look at, and we ended up buying a catamaran from a charter company
in Soper's Hole. We are again looking at several yachts he is listing, and
will likely meet with him again later next month. I have no problem with
their operation, and I agree that the broker isn't that much of a factor.
The survey is of utmost importance, and I had an excellent experience with
the surveyor I hired -- Geoff Williams of West Indies Marine Surveyors Ltd.
http://www.westindiesmarinesurveyors.com/.

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
. ..
AMPowers wrote:
Hey folks,

Does anyone have any experience with Souther Trades Yacht Sales out of
the British Virgin Islands? I'm interested in purchasing a vessel
through them and would appreciate any recommendations about either this
particular company or issues regarding buying a boat from this country.

Really, the broker isn't that much of a factor in boat sales so your
question (which I can't answer) isn't terribly important, IMO - in a buy /
not buy decision. What you should be asking about is if there are reliable
surveyors local to there and then who they are.

-paul