Jim,

Default Cleaning Fenders

The Taylor Web site recommends Mineral Spirits

djules wrote:
I bought used fenders at yard sale. They were filthy so I put in
bathtub w/ oven cleaner on them & scrubbed them clean.
wrote:

I have fair size fenders. To clean them I use auto tire spay soap cleaner.
At time I also used pumice (old Dutch or Big Five).
Then I apply Amorall.

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message

I use Interlux 2333N solvent to clean my fenders (and other vinyl).
This solvent disolves the surface layer of vinyl, so you have to be
FAST when wiping away the surface layer with a clean rag soaked in
2333N. When wiping, the remaining surface is 'fluid' but when the
solvent 'flashes' the surface vinyl will 'harden' in about an hour.
Obviously you cant do this often ... as the fender will soon totally
disolve away. Works great on vinyl rub-rail inserts.

In article . com,
Keith wrote:

Some fenders just can't be cleaned... like mine! However, the best
results I've seen come from a couple of things:

Starbrite makes a shore power cord cleaner that works very well, but is
expensive. Another good combination is Simple Green and Barkeeper's
Friend scrubbing powder. Spray the surface, sprinkle the powder, and
scrub away with a Scotchbrite pad. This works for just about any vinyl,
including seats.