posted to rec.boats.building

Default Sailboat conversion. inovative idea? or mis-guided notion?

Thanks for the reply, Bob,
But, I was looking for a bit of conversion info. Granted, i know it can
be done.
I was simply wanting to ask how hard, easy, practical, perfomance etc.

questions.

Bob wrote:
wrote:
I'm sure this is nothing new.

I've seen two sailboats made into "motor" boats. If you can get them
cheep enough why not?

West coast:
Calkins Bar Tender
Pacific City Salmon Dory

East coast:
Lobsta boat

Think flat bottom. Why? You can get/make easy cheep trailor and put the
boat on the beach.

Or how about a stack of 1/2" CDX and 2"x4" studs. A little epoxy......
no? Make a barge.

I was sitting in a marina way up the Columbia River one winter. As I
heard that sizzle comming through the hull I thought what was an
outboard doing at 11Pm in Febrary on the river? Stuck my head out the
hatch. A guy was in an aluminum 18' skiff. He was "homless" and had
been living only in his skiff for two years. He was just motor around.
There are lots of ways to have a cheep time on the water.