posted to rec.boats.building

Default Making a rudder and dagger-board (newbie)

derbyrm wrote:
Careful here. The Sunfish sail was nominally 75 square feet, but actually
measured about 90. The newer sails are about 95.

In my Sunfish, I remember one day when I literally sailed in circles around
a couple of young women in a Snark. I heard one of them tell the other "I
don't know what he's doing!"

Evil. Fun!

Well, I don't know the exact measurements of the stock Sunchaser I
sail. The literature says 72 square-feet. I do know that the spars on
the Sunfish sail I have are pretty close to the proper length - about
the length of the hull give or take a little. Only modification I can
see that I will have to make is to remove one of the pulleys from the
lower spar, and relocate the other pulley to the rear of the lower
spar, since the Sunchaser is rigged a bit differently from a Sunfish.
Check out www.castlecraft.com and you will see what I mean.