Default Maxum 2001 I/O

Bryan wrote:
Friend wants to buy used Maxum 2001 I/O 4 Cyl for family lake use: skiing,
wakeboarding, tubing.
No engine hours meter, but compression is "182".
Any problems just because it's a Maxum?
I'm worried about the 4 cylinder being enough power.
What do you think, given the limited information?

You may have ample reason to be worried about the 4 cylinder being
powerful enough to ski a big adult. If your friend could find the same
boat with a 6 or a small V8 he or she would probably be happier in the
long run. The 4-banger may be available, and may be cheap, because the
current owner thinks there's a need for more power and is buying a boat
with a bigger engine.. If so, that should tell you something.......