posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

Default Making a rudder and dagger-board (newbie)

Careful here. The Sunfish sail was nominally 75 square feet, but actually
measured about 90. The newer sails are about 95.

In my Sunfish, I remember one day when I literally sailed in circles around
a couple of young women in a Snark. I heard one of them tell the other "I
don't know what he's doing!"

Evil. Fun!

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

wrote in message
oups.com...

The Snark I have is the Sunchaser. It is the biggest model they make,
with a capacity for up to 4 adults (900 lbs). It also has provisions
for oars, and will take up to a 5hp outboard as well. The Sunchaser I
has a 72 square-foot lateen sail (the Sunfish sail I'm going to use is
75 square-feet - doubt that will make much difference), while the
Sunchaser II has a sloop-rig, with a, 80 square-foot mainsail (don't
remember what size the jibsail is). The hulls are identical, though,
and the sail rigs are interchangeable.