Wayne.B

Default A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat....

On 14 Jun 2006 16:26:15 -0700, wrote:

reminds me of a cross between a tug and a sailboat.

Speaking of... could a person just about accomplish the same thing by
modifying a diesel powered sailboat minus rigging and cutting off, or
at least... down the keel skeg?

Absolutely. I once spent the better part of a summer running around
in a mastless sailboat. It's sort of like having the worst of both
worlds in my experience, and it will roll your eyes out in any kind of
seaway.

Better to have the mast and enjoy the breeze when it's there, and use
it to damp the rolling when it's not.