Gordon

Default Two more terms - Deep Vee and "Cow Catcher"

Modified deep vee

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

Since the "gunnels" thread was so popular lets try this:

Does "Deep Vee" only refer to the angle at the stern or does it apply to

bow
angle too?

I know what dead-rise means and I understand the difference in how boats
with
a greater "V" in the back handle. On our boat the bottom of the hull in

the
stern is
pretty much flat. But in at the bow it's a very steep "V" shape. So would
this also
be considered a "Deep Vee" hull, or no?

Cow-Catcher: On our trailer the last cross-member is cut out to allow for
the
prop and rudder to slide into the trailer without hitting. We will

(haven't
yet)
create a dropped section there that ties the two sides of the trailer
togther.
We've been calling this the "cow catcher" though is seems more like a
"squirrel catcher". Is there a better term to refer to this.

Again, pics at this link. See the last two. So far there is just a flat

bar
across, but is will "drop" down about 7" when we're done.

http://tinyurl.com/yvq2t

Gary