Wayne.B

Default Cleaning Fenders

On 14 Jun 2006 06:23:48 -0700, wrote:

I've had very good results by using Spray Nine. It has something in it
that just seems to work.

Spray Nine is a good cleaner, no question. One of the problems with
fenders is that certain cleaners damage the top layer and cause a
sticky residue to form over time. I'm not sure if Spray Nine is a
culprit in that regard or not. Once it happens the only cure is
replacement or fabric covers.

My advice is to start with something relatively mild like Simple Green
and work your way up as required. For me the next step would be Pine
Sol for dirt, or possibly a little gasoline on a rag for tar like
residue.