Del Cecchi

Default E-Tec problems series 1

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:18:20 -0500, "Del Cecchi"
wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message
om...

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:00:14 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Butch Davis wrote:

There is a difference between a gas and a vapor? I thought there
were
liguids, fluids, and gases. Fluids covering both bases? But with a
refrigeration background my thoughts are probably too simplistic.
Butch

It's been a while since I took a chem course, but I thought gases are
normally in that state, while vapors arise from liquids. Gasoline, for
example, is normally a liquid, but it releases vapors.

Technically, gases expand and contract under pressure and spread
uniformly through a cylinder. Vapors don't do that.

Water vapor is the same. The rest of the gases (particularly nitrogen,
which makes up most of the atmosphere) suck up the water vapor and we
call it humidity. (water vapor also won't compress)

RCE

www.eisboch.com

Where did you guys study physics? I really want to know so my grandkids
don't go there by accident.

Probably the same place you did - we just didn't sleep through it.

Your physics class covered "vapor" where "Technically, gases expand and

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,