posted to rec.boats.building

Default Making a rudder and dagger-board (newbie)

Ed Edelenbos wrote:
Wasn't this for a Snark? Go get a couple lengths of antenna pole and be
done with it. All that epoxying and stuff is more than the boat is worth.

Ed

I've never seen antenna mast that was 2-3/8" diameter, which is the
size of a stock mast. Closest thing I've found so far is 2" (nominal)
aluminum pipe. Schedule 40 has a .154" wall thickness.

As for "more than the boat is worth", isn't that a rather subjective
statement? Mind you, I'm new to this sailing thing, but it's the only
sailing boat I've got and likely will be for some time, so I've got to
make the best of it.