Jere Lull

Default The Tool Kit ,, The Tool Kit ,,

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:25:48 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

On every cruising sailboat there is a tool kit. Just for fun; what is in
that tool kit?

If you are doing serious cruising you really need two sets of tools,
one set with just the basics and readily at hand since you will be
using them all the time, and a second larger set which can be stowed
away somewhere.

Nice quick-list. As small as we are, we have 6 tool/junk boxes. Our
first-line kit is the little red box that came with the engine, adding
some open-end wrenches, allen wrenches and one of those 6-in-1 hammers
with all the screwdrivers in the handle. In 10 seconds, I can pull that
out of the drawer nearest the companionway and handle most emergencies.

Add spare parts like impellers, bilge pumps, various switches, a variety
of caulks and gaskets.

Don't forget the duck/duct tape!

--
Jere Lull