Mr Wizzard

Default 60's 33hp Evinrude SkiTwin wont start.

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
k.net...

"Mr Wizzard" wrote in message

Replace the plugs, and go with nothing more that 50:1
of the XD-25 oil available at Gi-Joes, and everywhe
http://parts.evinrude.com/info/parts/oil/oil.htm

OMC's XD-25 is more marketing hype than oil, perhaps it has an additive

that
can stop the new E-techs from blowing up, but I doubt it. ANY good

TCW-3
at 50/1 is fine for that older outboard.

Note that Mercury and OMC do not own a refinery.... thier oil is made to
specs by the LOWEST BIDDER.

Could be, but after many many years of playing with 2-strokes
in high-end large model airplanes with expensive engines turning
up at 12K RPM's all day, and numerous outboards, I find XD25
to be almost as good as Redline, BelRay and Yamma lube blend,
and I judge them on: plug glazing, deposits, wear, and exhaust residue.
Not all TCW-3's are the same, I had issues with Valvoline's TCW3.
You said: any "good" TCW3, which implies, and is an open admision
that there are "bad" TCW3's (otherwise you'da said just "any" TCW3).

-W