trainfan1

Default 60's 33hp Evinrude SkiTwin wont start.

wrote:

Probably a spankable newbie question, but you mention TCW-3. I wasn't
looking at grades of two-cycle oil. Never noticed a weight grade on
them.
Should I Be?

Two cycle oil used to be sold by weight, I still have some SAE 30 & SAE
40 Quaker State bottles, but TCW-3 is a standard for ashless oil
primarily for water cooled engines(& used broadly beyond boats), which
superceded TCW-2 & TCW oils. It is a voluntary NMMA rating, if you are
using a recognizible brand of outboard oil you are OK. Just don't use
those little cans of Poulan or Deere or McCulloch oil meant for string
trimmers or chain saws. They often don't have the TCW-2 or TCW-3
rating, and are usually specified to be mixed at odd ratios to make
smaller batches of mixed fuel for household/homeowner use.

I read 32:1 and was also told that 50:1 is Ok with modern day
2cycle oil.

Sounds good.

Umm.. 32:1 sounds good or 50:1 Sounds good?

50:1 Sounds good - see above.

Rob