TSC

Default Mercruiser Still Won't Start

I have the Siloc book. I went through the troubleshooting, and I have no
spark anywhere.

Curiously, the wiring diagrams in the book do not show an external ballast
resistor. I have following the wires from the coil and I cannot locate one
either.

The original coil (which I replaced) says the only use it with an external
resistor. I made sure the new coil was for use with an external resistor.

Any clues as to where the resisitor would be?

Would a faulty resistor allow it to crank, but show no spark?

Note that I checked for spark at the points, by pulling the coil wire and
holding it near a ground, and by putting a spare spark plug into a plug
wire.

Trust me... there is no spark.