Jeff

Default Marina Etiquette

Roger Long wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote

I think the main hazard that Roger cited would be to people who had
legitimate reason to be in the water (like divers working on a prop)
and who did not know that the cord was in the water or if the cord
fell in while they were working.

Actually, I was envisioning someone leaning over to helpfully pull the
cord (which might look like a hose to a non boater) out of the water,
getting to the part that was wet with salt water, being surprised by
the tingle, and then pitching in.

While electrocutions are not that common, the CG accident reports
typically shows several each year from faulty shore power. The report
is not specific on what actually transpired, but they do say that
shore power vs swimmer accidents shall be included as "boating accidents."