Bill Kiene

Default What should it cost to have trailer painted?

Hi Gary,

Great looking rig.........

Some trailers here in CA are hot dipped galvanized for salt water.

I don't know if you can have it blasted and powder coated which is a more
serious finish than painting. The trailer is statically charged and sucks
the paint out of the air on to the metal.

You might check with a fabrication shop or heavy equipment repair shop for
advise?

Maybe it should be blasted and then use an epoxy based primer like DP40 and
then some serious marine trailer paint?

I would do some more research for a better price.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

So this past weekend we finally got the risers done on the trailer
we're making AND got the boat weight onto the trailer for the first time.

Hopefully next weekend we'll be able to finish off the trailer welding by
getting the bow-stop, fenders, spare-tire-holder, and side setps on.

Question: How much should it cost to have our trailer painted??

-- Trailer is 25 feet long.
-- All new steel but a little surface rust so will need a light

sandblasting
-- They won't have to tape off / mask anything
-- I *do* want them to do a good job
-- I *do* want them to get a good covering on the underside of the

trailer.
-- Color we want: Black, probably semi-glossy

I stopped by a local autobody shop for an estimate and it seemed high. The
other
two autobody shops I went to seemed pretty uninterested and did not give

me
an estimate.

Pictures of building the trailer and with the boat on it (last two pics)

at:
http://tinyurl.com/yvq2t

Thanks,
Gary

PS: For all those the joined in the "tongue weight" discussions...we

haven't
yet weighed
to determine if our final tongue weight matches our predictions. Will wait
to do that until
the final few items are on. But Thank You all for helping on that one.