posted to rec.boats.building
Ed Edelenbos

Default Making a rudder and dagger-board (newbie)

Wasn't this for a Snark? Go get a couple lengths of antenna pole and be
done with it. All that epoxying and stuff is more than the boat is worth.

Ed

--
When replying via email, replace spam with speak in the address.
"MMC" wrote in message
.. .
What about using a wind surfer mast? Lot's of old ones around.
"derbyrm" wrote in message
m...
A 2 inch mast can be made from a single "2 x 4" (1½" x 3½"). Rip a 1½ x
2
from it, then rip the cut-off into two 1/4" pieces and epoxy them to the
sides. The notches will be trimmed when you plane off the corners as
part
of the 8-siding operation.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

wrote:

Thanks! Now, if I can solve my mast problem I can hopefully get the
boat sailing before summer ends!