JoeSpareBedroom

Default *This* chowda is delicious!

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Gaquin wrote:
wrote in message

Looks good Harry, but I'm really not a chowder eater. What could be
substituted for the Clams?

A chowda is, by definition, a hearty, chunky concoction. Replacing the
clams with some other ingredient would still leave you with a chowda.
:-)

Could be, John.

I've always related "chowdah" with clam or any of many seafood or fish
based soups.

So I was thinking of a substitute for the clams/fish to make something
more for my palate.....

So without the seafood[s] would it still be "chowdah?"

Lose the wine and the thyme. Substitute fresh tarragon and sherry, along
with a sweeter seafood, like sea bass, scallops or shrimp, and the original
recipe will be fine. Harvey's Bristol Cream's a good choice - a teaspoon for
each bowl of soup, added 5 minutes before serving.