Leanne

Default Marina Etiquette

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Bob" wrote:

I think the main hazard that Roger cited would be to people who had a
legitimate reason to be in the water (like divers working on a prop)
and who did not know that the cord was in the water or if the cord
fell in while they were working.

We were taught to assess probability (how likely something was to
happen) and hazard (how severe the problem would be if it happened).
In this case the severity if the breakers did not trip would be very
great, but the probability would be low. You can think of almost any
scenario where there is a possibility of something happening. That
doesn't mean that it is probable. Unplugging the marina end of the
cord removes the hazard so that the probablity is almost moot.

What does the marina management say on this about permanently fastening the
power cord to the dock. That is a liability that if someone did get hurt,
tripping over it or badly shocked, their lawyers would make sure they got to
own the marina. I do know that our marina, they would nicely asked to remove
it or it would be removed by marina personnel and probably disappear in the
dumpster.

Leanne