Default Bad shore power

There is another thtread about someone with a bad shore power
connection and what to do with it. I agree, the guy has no right to
endanger others. I consider myself to be a fairly knowledgeable person
but had never had my boat in a marina and never had shore power so I
was not familiar with the dangers. When cruising, we stayed in a
marina for the first time. I decided to swim to check my prop for
fouling as I always did.
The water felt really strange, sorta tingly all over. My shaft zinc
that had just been installed a month ago was nearly gone. I was in
mask and snorkel looking at it trying to figure it out when it suddenly
occurred to me, ELECTRICITY! I swam away from the boats without
touching anything and got out of the water at the shore. Sure enough,
the guy next to me had a bizarro shore power cord with two prongs, just
regular zip cord.