Lee Haefele

Default Questions about Propane wiring

How old is that stove? My 1984 stove has the thermo couple shutoff. My
guess is that it is not a "Marine" stove. If the solenoid was not connected
to the breaker, it would require a fuse. Suggest that you paint the propane
breaker with red nail polish, so that you don't flip it off by accident.
The stove should have thermo cutoffs, cooking at sea, I find extra burners
turned on when passed by swaying crew.
Lee Haefele
Nauticat 33 Alesto, Ithaca, NY

I have a switch near the stove, and another at the breaker panel -
being a cat its appropriate to be able to shut it off from either
hull. Given that either of these two could momentarily shut off the
gas, it would seem that the only solution is to do all of the following:
a) never leave the stove unattended
b) appreciate what what happens if a switch is turned off and on
c) have a sniffer running whenever gas might be used
d) have a thermostatic shutoff on the stove

Have a problem with last one for an old stove!