Larry

Default Marina Etiquette

"Roger Long" wrote in news:C7yig.34252$8G3.21244
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

My ironclad rule is that the boat end of the cord is never live, even
for a moment, unless it is fixed in the socket and the breaker is
always off when the shore end is inserted or removed.

Very correct. Never leave a live dead end on the dock. That's just
stupid.

Now, if we're interested in teaching this idiot a lesson, we go down to the
dock on TUESDAY, when noone is around and "accidentally" the open end falls
in the drink, buzzing and arcing away in the salt water for a few minutes
before we trip the breaker by hand if it doesn't by itself, leaving the
breaker tripped and the live end rotting away in the salt water.

I bet it would never happen again....(c;

How some of the really STUPID ones survive an offshore passage never ceases
to amaze me.....