Henry Blackmoore

Default Beautiful day on the Bay **Texas fishing report

In article , John H wrote:

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

More and more of us up here are using circle hooks. They do take some getting
used to. The urge to set the hook is strong, after many years of doing what my
daddy said. I've lost a lot of stripers because of impatience - trying to pull
them in before the circle hook had set. Since many of the stripers caught on
cut
bait don't meet the minimum length (18") a lot get released. With circle hooks,
I've never gut-hooked one, so I'm pretty sure they all lived after release.
That
is a nice feeling.

Circle hooks don't seem to snag as much on the rocks and other junk either...

:^)

John H