Roger Long

Default Panic funk

Nah, I'm going to Newfoundland. I like this stuff. Besides, if I
lived down there, when would I work on my boat?

--

Roger Long

"Larry" wrote in message
"Roger Long" wrote in newsr1ig.10338$3B.7321
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

It also shows the insidious effects of cold and discomfort which
begin
creating mental tunnel vision and deteriorating performance well
before the onset of actual hypothermia.

See? Another great reason to move out of the 2-week boating season
in
Maine, no matter how quaint it is, to Charleston, which is equally
quaint, but where you can boat 365 days a year...(c; True
Chaostoniuns
don't prounounce Rs eitha, so you'll feel right at home. Just swap
Ayah
for Y'all. They're very nice and most have forgiven Yankees for the
"unpleasantness" of the 1860's....except General Sherman, of course.

Google Earth to the area around Charleston and see if you see any
uncluttered waterways to explore.... Geez, make sure the GPS is
working
so you can find your way out! Both Northeast and Southwest of here
it's
wilderness for over 50 miles!

From NOAA:

"OVERNIGHT...SW WINDS 20 KT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
.FRI...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W 5 TO 10 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON.
.FRI NIGHT...S WINDS 5 KT.
.SAT...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT.
.SAT NIGHT...SW WINDS 10 KT.
.SUN AND SUN NIGHT...SW WINDS 10 KT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS
AND TSTMS.
.MON AND TUE...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED...WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

CHARLESTON HARBOR WATER TEMPERATURE...81 DEGREES."

Falling overboard is damned near like taking a bath at 81. The
bikinis
on the beach have bloomed and many are already in breeding
condition...

I know where there's good dockage for the beast....