trainfan1

Default Cooling Problem w/ 4.3 GL vovlo I/O

James wrote:
I'd only agree to a point. This is a trailer boat. I'm betting he's not
taking it 20 miles offshore. If the plug comes out the water will stop
coming in when he stops the engine. One could run a while and then stop to
let the bilge pump catch up. Besides we're talking about 3 or 4 lbs of
pressure.

The pressure is of little concern here - it's volume if it does pop out,
& the lack of notice. The boat may well go on running happily for some
time until the water comes up over the floor.

I've seen these rubber plugs go for years in cars with 15lb
pressures. I agree that it's certainly a good idea to get them in to make
sure there are no other problems but similarly I would not pull the engine
just to replace a couple casting plugs. He's not going to be in a position
to pull the engine himself and a yard will charge him a grand or so to do
it.

Your jacking/support suggestion was good, if it only needs to be done
once, and a complete visual can be done at the same time. Will save on
alignment issues especially.

Rob