JimH

Default Yo - JohnH...

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:30:47 -0400, JohnH wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:35:53 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Fishing report for yesterday.

Rain, moderate winds, had to run with radar - boated 33 schoolies
before I called a halt to the festivities.

Yesterday's news reported a fish kill down south of you, off the NC coast
believe. Pictures showed many, many dead stripers, mixed with some smaller
fish, maybe croakers. Anything like that happening up your way?

No - but we're seeing a lot of "sick" fish - lesions and such.

We are seeing a large die off of freshwater drum (sheephead) here on the
western basin of Lake Erie. We first noticed it a couple of weeks ago when
we were out. I had first thought they were killed by fishermen (this is the
peak of the walleye season here) as the sheephead often take the bait. Most
fishermen kill them and throw them back for the gulls. The number of dead
fish was too large for that situation though.

http://www.ohiooutdoornews.com/artic...news/news1.txt

Sheephead are a useless fish and I am glad to see them go. The problem,
however, is the stench as they lie dead along the beaches. Lakefront
property owners are being told to bury them and cover them with lime.