JohnH

Default Yo - JohnH...

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:41:01 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:30:47 -0400, JohnH wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:35:53 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Fishing report for yesterday.

Rain, moderate winds, had to run with radar - boated 33 schoolies
before I called a halt to the festivities.

Yesterday's news reported a fish kill down south of you, off the NC coast I
believe. Pictures showed many, many dead stripers, mixed with some smaller
fish, maybe croakers. Anything like that happening up your way?

No - but we're seeing a lot of "sick" fish - lesions and such.

Hell, many in the Bay were thinking the lesion covered stripers were unique
to the bay. I suppose you could be seeing fish that picked it up in the bay
and then headed north. Or maybe the problem is more widespread than I
thought.

Today's news talks of fish kills in the southern Potomac - stripers,
croakers, rays, etc. A week or so ago, maybe longer, we had a big spill
from the Blue Plains sewage treatment plant. Don't know if that's the
problem or if the crap is coming from somewhere else. It's bad news though.
Hope it doesn't affect your livelihood.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****