landshrk4

Default Cooling Problem w/ 4.3 GL vovlo I/O

JohnH wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 17:00:27 -0700, "landshrk4"
wrote:

I have a 2000 Glastron with a 4.3 lt. GL Volvo I/O. Last season the
impeller self destructed. I had not had a chance to replace the
impeller until today. (boat was put away in my garage for the winter)
I had replaced the impeller today but cannot get the water to flow
correctly. the water pump itself is functioning correctly but the
water is coming out of holes (approx. 1" in dia) on the motor under the

manifolds (both sides of the mtor). This water must be removed with
the bilage pump. What is causing this discharge of water from the
motor? It isn't the drain.... Any asistance would be greatly
appreciated. I would like to get this boat back on the water for my
kids.

Did it freeze where you stored it? From what you say, it sounds like it
could be expansion plugs.

There was no freezing for my garage is at a constant 70 degree F. I am
concerned that it my have been caused by some over heating. When the
impeller went, it was when we launched the boat. My wife was circling
around to pick me up following the launch and I hear the alarm.

If it is the expansion plugs, how do I repair/replace them or should I
have a local repair facility do the work?

If this comes through, you can see from this picture where they're located.
I'm assuming most of the 4.3L are about the same as far as the block goes.

http://tinyurl.com/zyrvh

--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****