John Smith

Default Presidential Humor

The quote I was referring to was:

"My wife the doctor is back in school part-time, getting, of all things,
a doctorate. In a couple of years, I'll either have to address her as
Doctor Doctor or Major Major."

Isn't it cute the way her colleagues picked up on your expression?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.93878b4ad9e282d3ea3d6ade72c9aebd@108 2485060.nulluser.com...
John Smith wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

news:c3dhc2g=.614c68c188da452e6c1ed6ac8b3eba26@108 2482555.nulluser.com...
I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. I am stating right out,
deliberately, that Bush and his administration are a pack of liars and
thieves, as unethical and dishonest as is humanly possible.

Who would believe someone who calls his wife Doctor Doctor, and then

tries
to convince everyone that their wife with a MD and another doctorial

degree
wants to be considered a therapist?

You apparently are intellectually impaired. I do not call my wife
"Doctor, Doctor."

What I posted was this:

My wife is a doctor, and she's also a candidate for a doctorate. Her
close colleagues have already nicknamed her "Doctor Doctor."

Got it? I don't call my wife "Doctor Doctor," as you claimed. But some
of her colleagues do, as a friendly joke? Got it now? D'oh.

I also stated:

In point of fact, my wife rarely refers to herself as anything more than
a therapist. Her degrees and licenses are on the walls of her office,
and speak for themselves. Often, my wife says, patients are
uncomfortable in a therapy atmosphere in which the therapist has placed
himself or herself on an academic pedestal. Psychiatric "rigidity" is
mostly passe these days. In fact, many psychiatrists these days are not
really engaged in therapy; they've become dispensers of meds. That's not
the kind of practice my wife wants.

My wife's patients (or apparently many of them) are more comfortable in
a less formal atmosphere during therapy. Therapy can be more effective
if the patient is comfortable with it. Ergo, my wife does what she
believes is appropriate in creating the atmosphere during a therapy

session.

Got it now?

You really are dumb as a post, aren't you....