basskisser

Default Happy 06/06/06 Day!!!

JohnH wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 12:09:01 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 07:42:35 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

Tim wrote:
my 15 yr., old daughter hears worse than that at school.

And that makes it good behavior? What to hell kind of a school does she
go to?

Take a walk down the halls of any school. They're talking that way in 7th
grade. If corrected, the 7th graders will apologize. By the time they're
9th graders, they for sure won't apologize. I had one kid say, "F... you!"
right in my face. He got suspended for a week, but that just makes him
famous.

Very often people will engage in bad behavior simply because it makes them
famous amongst their 'peers'.
--
John H

Perhaps. Here they seem to do a good job of creating values that are
conducive to getting a decent education and later a job. Our local
highschool is always at or close to the top of the various education
games, debates etc. The *popular* ones here are the ones who rise to
the top academically. At any rate, I doubt that they talk about their
breath smelling like they've had oral sex with a disease ridden
Phillippino prostitute.... and given that this rec.boats is open to
anyone, I don't think such comments are appropriate.

Only a small percent of the population engage in 'bad' behavior. But the
numbers are big enough to be noticeable. Every school has it's winners and
losers. The winners are popular with winners, the losers with losers. There
are often conflicts between the winners and losers because of envy.
Threatening behavior and intimidation will sometimes allow losers to drag
folks down to their level of performance.

That is the shame of it all.
--
John H

Hell, that starts in grade school.