Peter Bennett

Default Questions about Propane wiring

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:34:46 -0400, "GBM"
wrote:

"Peter Bennett" wrote

I believe that ABYC requires the propane solenoid valve to be
controlled by the propane detector.

I would be interested to know just what they say.

It seems that I was mistaken - they don't mention propane detectors
where they talk about the solenoid valve.

They do require that the solenoid valve can be operated from the
vicinity of the stove or other appliance, without having to reach over
the stove.

I like the relay idea that another poster suggested - any 12 volt
relay with a single pole normally open contact that can handle the
solenoid current ( 1 amp or less, I think) would do. Connect the "On"
button in parallel with the relay contacts, and the hot side of the
coil to the load side of the contacts - pressing the "On" button will
then energize the solenoid and the relay - when the relay contact
closes, it will take over, and supply power to its own coil and to the
solenoid. You could connect a normally closed "Off" button between
the relay contact and the hot side of the coil.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca