posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geert Maene

Default Waterproof Screens

Phil Stanton wrote:
Thanks to all who have contributed. I went to the boat show, and there
appears to be one coming out in February at a reasonably sensible price.
I'll believe it when I see it

Phil

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message

Phil Stanton wrote:

Can anybody point me in the direction of a 12" sunlight viewable,
waterproof screen to work from the external VGA port on my Laptop. I want
to be able to see my navigation software at the helm as well as at the
chart table.
Thanks

A quick google for "marine display" will bring you a lot of hits, here are
a few:

http://www.argonautcomputer.com/displays_tflex.htm
http://www.nauticomp.com/
http://www.navstore.com/marina_displays.asp

To run it off of a PC you'll want to get a touchscreen model. Anyone that
says "I don't need that, I'm only going to look at it..." has not been
there. And anyone that says "I'll use a cordless (name any human
interface device)..." has not tried it yet.

I've been around some good sunlight displays and have not seen a good one
yet that was not about the same price as buying a good chart plotter. For
what you spend for a good 12-15" display you can buy a Raymarine C120 and
some chart chips.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

From - Mon

Have a look here to this french supl.
http://www.oceandatasystem.com/panas_ecran.html