Peter Bennett

Default Uniden `Santana' VHF-Marine Question

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:04:17 -0600, wrote:

I'm afraid Uniden only went with a `cutesy' name for this model.

`Santana'
FCC ID# AMWUT862

Unfortunately, the FCC id revealed little info.

Perhaps someone knows what the `L' key is below the `PTT' switch?

I would like to know the age of the unit, and some explanation of the
`1/5' key; `int' key; and `mem' keys or combinations.

I would expect the "1/5" key to switch the transmitter power between 1
and 5 watts. (it this a hand-held? Most fixed mount radios are 20 -
25 watts.)

The "int" key probably switches the channel selection between US and
International modes - you won't get the "A" channels in "int" mode.

You could write Uniden and ask if a manual is available - there's
probably a customer support email address on their web site.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca