Boots Crofoot

Default Twin Motor Steering Problems

Also, if they are not counter rotation props could give you
this problem. Check the way the trip tabs on the engines are
set.
Capt. Boots
"jesse" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
I just bought a 22ft Twin Vee with twin 115's and hydraulic
steering.
At cruising speed it seems to steer hard to port. When I
increase to
full throtle it seems to want to steer to one side on it's
own (I don't
recall which side). Sometimes it feels as if the motors are
fighting
themselves. I don't believe there is a mechanical problem
but maybe a
technique problem. Am I trimming wrong or are my motors
running
differently at high rpm, maybe it's the motors are
improperly aligned?
Could it be the way the twin hull reacts to the current. I
got nailed
going through a pass this weekend with a strong side current
and
whirlpools. Any old salts out there with some advice?

Thanks Jesse