GBM

Default Questions about Propane wiring

"Jeff" wrote

What I meant was to have the solenoid breaker off the sniffer breaker
such that you could turn on the sniffer first and wait for a minute
before turning on the gas, but you couldn't turn on the gas without
the sniffer. I don't know if the combination sniffer/solenoid switch
has a built in delay, but there's nothing stopping you from doing it
manually.

I think this may be the easiest thing to do to ensure the sniffers are on
before the propane is switched on. I will probably leave the sniffer switch
in ON position so that sniffers come on when main panel switch is turned on.

It seems to me that you don't like the thought of a switch panel that
might be misused. I must admit the on my previous boat, it was too
close to the settee, and on two occasions the fridge got turned off by
mistake, leading to some unpleasantness! Why not have a special panel
with a cover over it?

That is my problem too - the fridge and main panel breaker/switches are on
front side of nav station seat. The refrig is a normal magnetic switch
breaker and less likely to be accidentally switched, but the 100A main panel
breaker is a Bussman type and has a push trip button that is easy to trip
with foot. I will look at putting a guard over it or maybe relocate and use
location for windlass breaker (next project!)

Thanks for suggestions!

GBM