Don White

Default Suggestion for a 4-800 lb. inexpensive mooring ?

andrew m. boardman wrote:
Courtney Thomas wrote:

Any trainwheels available in the Nova Scotia area ?

Any active trainyard should generate them on a regular basis, and they're
common fodder for steel scrap yards; I've never *not* seen a pile at the
big local one.

They seem to be around 500 pounds per, based on the "I can barely lift
this up on edge, and really don't want to have my toes under when I let
go" metric.

Availability in Nova Scotia? Good question...they closed the big
maintenance yard in Moncton (20 miles over New Brunswick border) about
20 years back. Then they opened a new maintenance facility in
Halifax...which now houses a film production company. Montreal may be
the closest full maintenance shop in the East. We are a major train
terminal here re port traffic and end of Trans-Canada passenger service,
but I haven't seen any wheels lying around.