Joe

Default The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

. ..
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

. ..
Exactly! What I love is this, I told Joe and Shelikoff that

the
war in
Iraq cost us 9 billion a day. They can't figure out how that

could
possibly be true. So far, I've not told them, waiting to see

if
they
ever stop and think about that $800 billion. Doesn't take a

rocket
scientist!

Enlighten us Kevin.

Just post ANY documentation that the cost of the war is 9 billion a

day.

Just tell me you're too stupid to do any meaningful research, and yes,
I will do it for you.

The war lasted approx. 65 days.

Referring to the reasons behind America's attack on Iraq, the
legislator said that "oil is not the main factor." He is convinced
that Washington purses geopolitical objectives and says that the war
in Iraq and its post-war reconstruction will cost the US about $100
billion....

So, that is 100 billion to rebuild what we've smashed, following so
far? See, it's not hard. Now the tricky part (at least for you). The
total estimate is around 491 billion.

Links please

If you are too stupid to do simple web research, you shouldn't have
stuck your ignorant nose into the subject. I know you didn't get
involved to learn, you're way too closed minded for that to happen.

Translation:

As usual, I pulled this from my ass

Now, the Pentagon is estimating (they have to estimate because bills
are still coming in, and will be for a long time) that misc. awards,
claims, and payouts will reach 30 billion.

Pending contracts........60 billion and rising.

Iraq has international debt that must be paid. World Bank/Bank for
International Settlements puts the figure at $127.7 billion, including
$47 billion for accrued interest. Think oil will pay for this? Wrong,
it will be YEARS before Iraqi oil is once again operating in the blue.

Okay, we have $491 + $60 + $127.7 = $678.7 billion dollars....agree?
Now, we simply divide by the number of days of war, okay? Again, I'm
not quite sure when Bush declared the war over, so I'm saying 65 days.
If that number is incorrect, tell me the number, and I'll revise the
math so that you'll understand. So $168.7 billion / 65 = $10.442
billion dollars. Knowing that these are government estimates, I
rounded down to an even $9 billion. I hope that this clears the
overall scope to you so that you'll understand the TRUE cost of the
war.

You said:

" True enough. Fact is, the cost of the war is far from over. You must
understand that it's not just the 9 billion a day we are spending
DIRECTLY on the war, but there are many, many peripheral costs
involved"

You are now trying to use very suspect estimates of "peripheral costs"

try to validate your asinine statement of "9 billion a day spent

DIRECTLY on
the war"
Note, DIRECTLY in caps by you, not me.

You're an idiot.

Heehee! ALL of the above numbers are DIRECT costs of the war. What a
dolt.

Your a fool.

PS: Where's my history lesson on judicial nominee filibusters?