GBM

Default Questions about Propane wiring

"Peter Bennett" wrote

The burners should be left in the "off" position when the stove is not
in use, so you don't depend on the solenoid being off to stop the flow
of propane. (I had a solenoid valve that didn't close completely, due
to some junk in it). Most propane stoves have built-in safety devices
that will prevent the burners from passing propane if they are not
lit.

Peter - I was talking about a situation where propane is accidentally
switched off and then back on (by switching power to main panel on and off)
while stove is IN USE! Many older propane stoves do not have the safety
burner shut-offs. And many do not have the detectors linked to the
solenoid - they just act as alarms.

Does ABYC address this? How are modern boats wired for propane? (OK -

that
two more questions )

I believe that ABYC requires the propane solenoid valve to be
controlled by the propane detector.

I would be interested to know just what they say.

Thanks for your input!

GBM