Courtney Thomas

Default Suggestion for a 4-800 lb. inexpensive mooring ?

Ken Heaton wrote:
I was around when one of the crusher cones went in. We rolled it out of a
pickup truck next to the water onto a floating dock section with a few small
logs in between as rollers. We then pulled the floating dock out to the
position desired (with mooring chain and float already attached) and pushed
it off the dock. It made a pretty splash. There were five or six guys
aroud for this as extra hands are handy. Watch your toes. These are in the
Bras d'Or Lakes, one in a very exposed location. They dig into the bottom
by themselves and DO NOT MOVE. Very nice.

I work with one of the guys who put a train wheel or two in at Baddeck
Harbour so I'll see him Monday and ask him how they got those in.

Ken,

Any chance of your finding out where to get the "crusher cones" and
their cost ?

Appreciatively,
Courtney