Paul Cassel

Default Suggestion for a 4-800 lb. inexpensive mooring ?

Courtney Thomas wrote:

My understanding is that concrete loses a lot of it's 'weight' in water,
whereas steel/iron do not and given the recent hurricane rash I'd prefer
all I can reasonably get. Plus I'm not in an area catering to such
services as installing moorings, for example.

The reason for most of the mass of a mooring anchor is to dig it into
the seabed. The mass, after it's buried, isn't too proportional to its
holding power. Thus once buried, a concrete cone would work as well as
an iron mushroom anchor of greater density.

-paul