JohnH

Default HELP! Stain on seats!!

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:45:53 GMT, "RG" wrote:

"SARAH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello to all and happy boating season!! I am in need of some HELP!!
Last fall we cleaned the boat out as always (last 4 years) and we took
it out of storage this spring to find STAINS on the front seats!! I
can't get them out, I tried a bit of bleach but scared myself as I
don't want to ruin the vinyl, I have gotten vinyl cleaner, I have tried
a stain remover for fabrics and also a stain remover that is to remove
any type of sticky stuff (tho the stains are NOT sticky). It almost
looks as tho its mud stains, its gray in color (my seats are white) and
there is not a patteren to them. HELP please, we are to take some
friends out on the last in the next three weeks. I can't have stains on
the seats. That gives us time to get all cleaned out and taken up to
dock where we boat at. I have come to a stand still on cleaning the
rest of the boat as these stains are driving me crazy HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks Sarah

Sort of hard to know what to do without seeing the seats, but here's a
couple of thoughts. It sounds like the stains might be from mold, but
perhaps not. Often, the best thing for a stain on vinyl is to let it sit in
the sun for a few weeks. But it sounds like you're pressed for time. My
recommendation would be to contact a professional auto detailer or vinyl
repair professional in your area and let them apply the best solution to the
problem.

Sarah, you might give this a shot. May be available at the local West
Marine.

http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/...er/output_html

Sorry I couldn't get 'tiny url' to work this evening.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****